After you have successful completed the lifeguard instructor course, you will be able to teach several courses. At AmericanLifeguard Training, we recommend that you choose a couple different Lifeguard courses to specialize in. Here is a list of the courses that you will be eligible to teach.
• Waterfront Lifeguarding
• Waterpark Lifeguarding
• Shallow Water Attendant
• Lifeguard Management
• CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
• Bloodborne Pathogens Training: Preventing Disease Transmission
• Basic Water Rescue
• Administering Emergency Oxygen
• Water Safety Presentations
• Guardstart: Lifeguarding Tomorrow
• Safety Training for Swim Coaches
Before you are a certified instructor, there are a few requirements that you must meet. First, you must successfully complete all the pre-course testing and meet all the prerequisites. Next, you must attend all classes and participate in the practice teaching assignments and activities. Lastly, you must score at least 80 percent on the lifeguard instructor course written exam.